Equip Yourself with Relevant Menopause Information
At 40, begins a liberating phase when you can do things that you dreamed of and enjoy your life completely. When you are in such a glorious period, why let hot flashes and discomfort ruin the bliss? Here is everything that you need to know about menopause so that you can take necessary steps to get through this phase with minimal complaints.
Basic Menopause Information
The term menopause when translated means “end of monthly cycles”. This phase marks the transition of a woman’s body to the non reproductive phase and is the result of biological aging. This is when the monthly menstrual cycles come to an end resulting in a significant change in the levels of hormones in the body.
Although this is not a very sudden change, it does have effects with varying degrees and will require care and precaution to overcome easily.
The Cause for Menopause
As age progresses, the estrogen and progesterone levels in the body begin to decrease. These hormones regulate the menstrual cycle and as their levels decrease, a woman reaches her pre-menstrual stage. By the time a woman reaches her 40s, the decrease in the production of these hormones is emphasized, leading to menopause consequently.
Common Menopausal Symptoms
The symptoms experienced during menopause common. The intensity varies and so does the type of symptoms experienced.
You can watch out for the following common symptoms as you approach menopause:
- Periods become irregular and may be delayed for months on end.
- The level of estrogen decreases significantly lowering fertility in women. This means that getting pregnant becomes more difficult as you enter the pre menstrual stage.
- Vaginal dryness accompanied by itching and pain is quite common.
- Sudden feeling of hot flashes (hot flushes) are experienced. These are known as hot flashes and when they occur at night they are called night flashes.
- Excessive mood swings and disturbed sleep are also experienced.
FemSupport recommends a good diet and a regular exercise regime to all its readers. You must also undergo precautionary health checkups like mammography during this phase. To extend our care to women undergoing menopause, we have also prepared special products and supplements to keep your health in top condition.