Effectively Repress Menopause Mood Swings
Uncontrollable hormonal changes during menopause can cause capricious emotions. Having to grapple with additional side effects like hot flashes and sleepless nights takes a toll on the emotional and psychological reaction causing menopause mood swings. These effects may not last for a long time if taken care of correctly right from the initial stages.
The Symptoms of Menopause Mood Swings
Mood swings are nothing but disproportionate reactions to a given situation. During menopause, the emotional state of a woman can be extremely volatile shifting rapidly from feelings of euphoria to redundant sadness. The common symptoms of menopause mood swings are:
- Low levels of motivation
- Irrational irritability and anger
- Sudden feelings of sadness
- Lack of concentration
- Fatigue and reduced energy levels.
These mood swings are extremely common among women from the time they reach the pre-menopause state until a few years or months from the actual menopause phase.
3 Step Approach to Tackle Mood Swings
- Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes mostly indicate changes in your diet. Try to incorporate a good diet that includes fruits, vegetables, meat and diary. You can also use dietary supplements that are recommended especially for women who are in their menopause phase. Getting good sleep and also relaxing your mind will help you relieve stress and overcome mood swings.
- Exercise: When you exercise, endorphins or “feel good” hormones are released. These hormones promote positive emotions and reduce mood swings. You can opt for yoga, cardio vascular exercises or Pilates. Ensure that any workout routine you choose should last for at least 30 minutes for maximum benefits.
- Medical assistance: This is only recommended if mood swings are uncontrollable and too distressing. When you begin to feel like you might be going through a phase of depression, you may consult a doctor to provide you with appropriate medication.
FemSupport helps you understand how your body will react when you reach menopause so that you don’t feel unprepared or alarmed. We also give you access to a range of specially devised products to help you sail through this phase.